All the Answers to Treating Cracked Teeth
If you think you may have a cracked tooth, discover the best tips and treatments for repairing the troubled tooth.
What Causes a Cracked Tooth?
A wide range of incidents and accidents can cause a tooth to crack. That’s why you need to be proactive about protecting your dental health. According to dental specialists, the most common causes of a cracked tooth include:
- Biting down on very hard food or objects
- Chewing on ice
- A tooth-grinding habit
- An injury to the mouth or face
- An accident
- Teeth that are brittle due to root canals
- Loss of tooth structure
- Previous dental restorations
- Large fillings
What Are the Warning Signs of Cracked Teeth?
While many cracks are so tiny that they can barely be seen by the naked eye, they soon make themselves felt through sudden pangs of pain. As soon as you see or feel a problem, you need to seek out affordable dental care. Only after a thorough dental exam can a Dentist in CITY detect and diagnose the problem. The usual signs of cracked teeth include:
- Pain when eating and chewing
- Discomfort when teeth are touched
- Sensitivity to extremes in temperature, along with sweet or spicy foods
How Is the Trouble Treated?
Today, there are several affordable dental care treatments for cracked teeth. Each is used for a different degree of severity and damage. As a result, the treatment that a Dentist in CITY recommends for you will depend on your case and concerns. The most common treatments for cracked teeth are:
- Dental bonding – This is usually reserved for small, shallow cracks.
- Root canals – This is used for more serious cracks that have damaged the tooth’s inner tissue and nerves.
- Extracting the tooth – This is used when a crack is very severe and has done serious damage to a tooth’s tissue, nerves, or roots.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Quail Meadows, call Advanced Dental Care of Quail Meadows today at (352) 533-4159 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Quail Meadows. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Quail Meadows, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Quail Meadows.